The Miami Dolphins host the New York Jets this Sunday needing a win and some help to get into the playoffs. Vegas likes Miami's chances of winning the game. According to OddsShark, the Dolphins are favored by 6.5-7 points.
If the playoffs started today, the Dolphins would have the No. 6 seed in the AFC, but they don't control their own destiny. They need a win and a loss by either the Baltimore Ravens or San Diego Chargers to clinch. Miami had a miserable showing against the Buffalo Bills, getting shut out 19-0 last week. They were 1-point underdogs, and did not come close to covering. The Dolphins are 8-7 on the season and 9-6 against the spread.
The Jets are playing for pride, and to save Rex Ryan's job. They got a win over the Cleveland Browns, 24-13, last week and still have a chance of finishing with a .500 record. New York was favored by 2.5 points and covered with ease. They're now 7-8 overall and 8-6-1 against the spread.
For more betting details on this game, head over to OddsShark.
More from SB Nation NFL
• NFL Mock Draft: The silver lining to your team's misery
• NFL Week 16: Scores, news and GIFs | Playoff picture | Draft order
• Peyton Manning breaks single-season TD record | GIF: Tom Brady's left hanging
• Pride of Detroit: Fire Jim Schwartz | Schwartz isn't a fan of his fans
• Death of a football player: Helmet-to-helmet hit killed Derek Sheely