St. Louis Rams wide receiver Brandon Gibson may not be a household name, but he is expected to draw significant interest on the free agent market, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.
The former Washington State star, Gibson put up modest number during the first four years of his career. He is, however, coming of a season in which he set career-highs for yards with 691 and touchdowns with five. Originally a sixth round pick of the Philadelphia Eagles, Gibson developed into a starter during his time in St. Louis. He started 13 games last season and made one of the catches of the year in Week 6 against Miami.
When talking about Rams free agent wide receivers, most focus on Danny Amendola, but Gibson could be an under-the-radar acquisition. Where he lands remains to be seen, but Rapoport said he wouldn't be surprised if Gibson landed in the AFC East. The Dolphins are known to be in the market for free agent wide receivers, and the Bills and Jets could be in the market as well.
In four seasons, Gibson has career totals of 174 receptions, 2,090 yards and nine touchdowns.
More in the NFL:
• NFL Mock Draft: New names rising in first round
• Tom Coughlin talks with SB Nation's Big Blue View
• NFL defenses are changing, too
• NFL free agency: Vikings, Dolphins pursuing Mike Wallace
• Uffsides: Von Miller talks with SB Nation
• NFL news: Roger Goodell terrified, Shawne Merriman retires and the latest on free agency