Patriots wide receiver Aaron Dobson, who hasn't practiced since injuring his foot in Week 17, is expected to be declared inactive for the divisional playoff game against the Indianapolis Colts, Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston is reporting.
The rookie, who is tied for fourth on the team with 549 receiving yards, limped off against the Buffalo Bills in the season finale and has been unable to prepare with the team during the Patriots' first-round bye.
The good news for the Pats is that Dobson was the only player among the 10 listed on the injury report not to practice Thursday. Guard Logan Mankins, cornerback Alfonzo Dennard and Shane Vereen each participated on a limited basis and seem to have a good chance to suit up Saturday.
Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola will start at receiver with Kenbrell Thompkins bumping up into the third position. Austin Collie, who has been on and off the Patriots' roster since October and was re-signed again last week, will also see increased snaps.
More from SB Nation NFL
• SB Nation's 2014 NFL playoff coverage and brackets
• The Notebook: Collapses, comebacks and getting ready to do it again
• Washington hires Jay Gruden | More NFL coaching news
• Roger Goodell discusses London expansion, marijuana legalization
• NFL playoffs: Expert picks for the Divisional round | Ref assignments
• NFL mock draft: Teddy Bridgewater is (almost) everyone's No. 1 pick