The New England Patriots topped the Indianapolis Colts 43-22 at Gillette Stadium on Saturday night in the rain, advancing to their third straight AFC Championship Game.
While beating the Colts, the only player who sustained any kind of a serious injury was punter Ryan Allen. Allen was hurt in the third quarter because of a bad snap, forcing the specialist to run back and pick up the football. Once he grabbed the pigskin, Allen was hammered by a slew of Colts in the end zone, resulting in a safety.
Allen did punt once more after the play, but was in pain and did not return. The injury has been termed a shoulder ailment, and it is unclear whether Allen will be able to punt against the Denver Broncos on Sunday, according to the Boston Globe.
For the rest of the game, kicker Stephen Gostkowski did the honors and was quite good, booming a few punts deep into the night, averaging 41.8 yards per punt.
More from SB Nation NFL
• SB Nation's 2014 NFL playoff coverage and brackets
• Beast Quake: The greatest TD run in NFL playoff history
• Breaking Madden: Never count out 'Touchdown' Tom Brady
• PFT Commenter: The NFL's All-Narrative team | Chilton: All-Disappointment
• 2014 NFL Draft order: Picks 1-28 now set
• NFL mock draft: Teddy Bridgewater is (almost) everyone's No. 1 pick