Over the last five seasons, the Jaguars, Bucs, Raiders, Titans and Browns have won the fewest regular season games. Their consistent struggles to field marginally successful teams have played out in a league specifically designed, through the draft process and a hard salary cap, to create an enormous middle class. That in mind, let’s take a look at how these teams value various positions and position groups to see where they and the league average (and the league’s best teams) overlap and differ.
• What do the worst teams tend to focus on in the first round? QB? Offensive skill? Defense?
• How do priorities change in rounds two and three?
• Is defense or offense more important in the first round? With what ratio?
• How do the worst teams value late round picks and assess value?
• Where are the dramatic differences, not just with the worst teams vs. the league average, but also with the worst teams vs. the best teams?