The Patriots, Broncos, Packers, Seahawks and Bengals have the NFL’s best total regular season record over the past five seasons. If we go back a few years before that to 2008, relative to league averages, certain trends and differences start to stand out, such as:
• Which of the best five teams have completely ignored first round offensive skill (QB, RB, WR, TE) talent?
• Is there a dropoff for offensive line value?
• Which of the best teams looks at later rounds (fourth to seventh) to stockpile defensive talent?
• What side of the ball have the Patriots loaded up on in the early rounds (first to third)?
• What positions have the Broncos focused on to help build depth for their recent Super Bowl run?
• How have the Packers maintained an explosive offense without giving Aaron Rodgers first-round offensive weapons?
• Which group has more overall picks: the NFL’s best or the league average?