Alex Chiasson's career has been off to a fantastic start in Dallas, scoring 11 goals in his first 18 games. It seems that just about everything he's touched has resulted in a goal, scoring on an incredible 22.4 percent of his shots.
Sooner or later that shooting luck is going to dry up, it's just a shame that it had to happen on this play on Tuesday night against Carey Price and the Montreal Canadiens when he tried to bat in a shot out of mid-air.
Nice effort. Great hand-eye coordination. But it just wasn't meant to be.
More from SB Nation NHL:
• LIKE SB Nation NHL on Facebook!
• Does goalie fatigue impact a shootout?
• Watch Brandon Saad’s ridiculous game-winning assist
• The NHL’s illusion of consistency
• The Goal: The rivalry between two high schools where hockey is life