In the second period of the Rangers-Capitals game on Sunday, Rangers forward Brian Boyle fell down. Capitals forward Martin Erat wasn't happy about that for some reason, so he decided to unleash his feelings.
Now, the official boxscore will tell you that Erat was penalized for slashing Boyle. What he actually did was far, far worse.
More from SB Nation NHL:
• Canadiens struggles aren’t going away without change
• Ryan Suter’s incredible, record-setting workload
• Potty Mouths: The SB Nation hockey blog profanity rankings
• Photo: Here’s Dodger Stadium with an ice rink
• Olympics: Injuries might alter Canada’s roster | USA roster analysis
• Olympic rosters shouldn’t be built with NHL restraints