You love hockey. You love SB Nation. You love reading hockey at SB Nation. Search your feelings. You know these things are true. But life's too busy to browse the whole network for news. So, we'll send hockey news to your inbox every morning. All you need to do is subscribe.
Lace 'em up. Time for the Morning Skate.
So those "Brad Marchand wants to play with Sidney Crosby in Pittsburgh" thoughts didn’t last long. The World Cup the two have lit up together hasn’t even ended yet and Marchand is already re-upping in Boston for the next eight years. He’s come a long way from just being Boston’s best pest, huh?
ELSEWHERE IN TRAINING CAMP LAND
- Alain Vigneault released the Rangers’ preseason roster to the media, and Blueshirt Banter thinks that information is more valuable than anything Vigneault tells the media.
- Justin Faulk led the Hurricanes to victory and USA Hockey fans wept.
- New Jersey got a quick taste of the Michael McLeod era.
- Josh Ho-Sang made a good first impression for the Islanders.
- Sam Bennett still impressed for the Flames in a loss to Edmonton.
- By the way, the new Oilers mascot is terrible.
- The Bruins started off slowly in a loss to the Blue Jackets.
- Toronto got blown out by Ottawa, but hey: Mitch Marner looked great!
- As a Stars fan, I can’t agree with this, but you should read it because it’s probably true.
- Jiri Hudler looked pretty good for Dallas.
"HEY, THE SEASON IS AROUND THE CORNER" CORNER
A BIT OF HOUSEKEEPING