The NHL expansion draft is almost upon us, and a lot of movement will happen before it goes down.
The Vegas Golden Knights need as many assets as possible. And NHL teams don’t want to lose good players for nothing. Trades will come, and the rumor mill is already churning. Bookmark this page as we track every expansion-relevant NHL trade, signing, or waiver rumor we can find.
Trades, signings, and notable expansion news
- Montreal is avoiding loyalty in letting Tomas Plekanec go.
- New Jersey’s list is kind of surprising.
- Petr Mrazek is, somehow, exposed to the draft.
- Pelech, Pelech, Pelech, Pelech, Pelech, Pelech, Pelech, Pelech and Pelech
- Nothing about the Oilers’ list is shocking.
- One unprotected forward is surprising for the Flyers.
- So, the Panthers may lose their best scorer from last season.
- The Senators are trying to trade Dion Phaneuf.
- Columbus traded its first round pick to Vegas, per reports.
- Kind of feels like the Devils won’t make a trade after all.
- Francois Beauchemin has been bought out by the Avalanche, opening up an expansion draft protection slot for Colorado.
- Rumors out of St. Louis say Ryan Reaves may get that last protection spot instead of David Perron or others.
- Ottawa is trying to trade Dion Phaneuf.
- The Ducks have an agreement with Vegas to protect two defensemen.
- Dion Phaneuf won’t waive his NMC, which leaves the Senators in a bind.
- The Islanders did not ask Andrew Ladd or Johnny Boychuk to waive their no-trade clauses.
- The Bruins declined to ask any of their NMC players to waive.
- We don’t know yet if the Wild have asked Jason Pominville to waive his NMC.
- Same with the Jets and Toby Enstrom.
- The Panthers won’t ask Keith Yandle to waive his NMC.
- Chicago is pushing back on reports they want to trade Brent Seabrook.
- Sportsnet reports Montreal has put Nathan Beaulieu on the trade block ahead of the expansion draft.
- Per the New York Post, the Rangers will not ask Marc Staal or Dan Girardi to waive their no-trade clauses.
- Marc-Andre Fleury has agreed to waive his no-trade clause ahead of the expansion draft.
- Elliotte Friedman says the Vegas Golden Knights may have a deal in place with the Blue Jackets for David Clarkson’s massive contract. He’s basically retired.
- Rumors suggest the Rangers are trying to trade goalie Antti Raanta before the expansion draft.
- The Wild and Bruins have been discussing a defenseman trade ... could it be Jonas Brodin?