Welcome to the 2017-18 NHL offseason churn.
The flurry of activity this time of year might be hard to keep up with, especially those minor deals your favorite team makes. No worry: We’re tracking every single deal this offseason right here. Bookmark this to keep track of:
- rumors for all of that stuff
And maybe more. Everything.
News on free agency, re-signings, trades, rumors and All Of It™
- Chicago may turn to T.J. Oshie to replace Artemi Panarin.
- The Flyers might be really concerned about Nolan Patrick’s injury woes.
- The Rangers might want to move higher, into the top five.
- Marian Hossa won’t be going to Arizona.
- We’ve had a couple of stunners from Chicago already today. They traded Niklas Hjalmarsson to the Coyotes and then re-acquired Brandon Saad from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Artemi Panarin..
- Half the league wants Alex Galchenyuk.
- Marcus Kruger might still be traded.
- What is Evander Kane trying to tell us?
- David Schlemko was a Knight for less than a day. Which is good for Montreal, who lost four defensemen in a week.
- Florida had a bad expansion draft.
- Tampa Bay locked up their backup goalie, Peter Budaj, for two more years.
- Marc Methot’s departure leaves questions for the Senators. There’s also rumblings that the Stars are in on him.
- TSN reports the Predators are in on a Matt Duchene trade, but asking Nashville to give up a defenseman is a no-go, per Avalanche insider Adrian Dater:
- Jason Brough of Pro Hockey Talk spoke to Vancouver general manager Jim Benning and gets the sense that he’s not interested in trading Chris Tanev anymore.
- Pierre LeBrun of TSN reports the Devils have at least inquired about Montreal center Alex Galchenyuk, but it’s not clear how far those talks went.
- He also reports the Panthers are willing to move defenseman Jason Demers.
- Rumors about Colin Miller landing in Toronto have been shot down for now.
- Derek Stepan trade rumors are only heating up.
- The Flyers and Coyotes made a minor deal late on Friday.
- The Panthers may have to trade Jonathan Marchessault.
- The Ducks bought out Simon Despres.
- Expect Jordan Eberle to get traded before tomorrow’s roster freeze.
- Ottawa is desperately trying to move Dion Phaneuf.
- There’s a lot of stuff around the Islanders, even if a lot may be smoke.
- The Stars are linked to three big trades.
- Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau extensions are still underway.
- The Oilers are bringing back a fan favorite.
- The Hurricanes have re-signed restricted free agent Teuvo Teravainen to a two-year, $5.72 million deal.
- The Avalanche will buy defenseman Francois Beauchemin out of his contract.
- Jonathan Drouin is now with Montreal as the NHL gets its first big offseason trade.
- Uh, is there a bidding war for Kris Russell?
- Erik Gudbranson signed a one-year deal with Vancouver.
- Sounds like Derek Stepan might get traded?
- Chris Neil, one of the longest-tenured Senators won’t be back.
- Steve Mason is leaving the Flyers.
- The Capitals traded for a Wild forward.
- Dan Girardi is getting bought out by the Rangers, and Derek Stepan is the subject of trade chatter.
- Matt Puempel re-upped with the New York Rangers.
- Zac Rinaldo won’t re-sign with the Bruins. This is your reminder that the Flyers traded Rinaldo for a third-round pick. Thank you.
- Alexander Radulov’s camp is discussing a new contract with the Canadiens.
- The Hurricanes sign a minor league leader to a one-year deal.
- Winnipeg re-signs Marko Dano to a one-year deal.
- Buffalo re-signed Linus Ullmark.
- Nashville is bringing back Weber!
- Carey Price submitted contract demands to the Canadiens.
- Bob Boughner signs as Florida’s head coach. I guess that counts as free agency.
- Sportsnet insider Elliotte Friedman speculates whether the Senators would trade for Matt Duchene.
- Philadelphia signed Shayne Gostisbehere to a six-year, $27 million extension. Flyers fans are ecstatic.
- The Islanders signed veteran Steve Bernier to a new deal.
- Front office drama with the Sabres is keeping one of their best prospects in Sweden at least another year.
- The Rangers lost a goalie prospect to the KHL.
- Chicago signs a coveted Czech free agent.
- The Kings re-sign Tyler Toffoli to a bridge extension.
- Expectations are that Jordan Eberle will be traded.
- A nice day for the Panthers, who lock up Finland’s top scorer and a KHL forward.