- Joined: Apr 18, 2016
- Last Login: Nov 19, 2021, 11:25am EST
- Posts: 7
- Comments: 97
Share this profile
Comment 3 replies, 8 recs
Let's not forget the player's perspective here too...
The sound bite of Tre revealing that "if you’re worried about playing time, you’re worried about the wrong things" has me the most excited this year. Teams that buy-in together to a philosophy are much more dangerous than teams that rely on a given player ‘going and getting their points’ night in and night out.
If this team continues to embrace the hot hand mentality and exploit match-ups as they change every game, then yes everything you said above applies and it will be a fun year to watch Painter earn that paycheck. Honestly, Painter’s biggest task is keeping everyone in the locker room "locked in" (pun intended) and it seems he is succeeding there early on.
Comment 1 reply, 1 rec
BTN Plus Notes
Just wanted to share a few notes on BTN plus for anyone who is on the fence (one way or the other). I have been a yearly BTN Plus subscriber for a few years now, as my wife and I are big Volleyball and Baseball fans, as well as not living close enough to go to home games. Also enjoy checking in on swimming and diving, track and field, and golf when I can.
- Yes, the quality vs the price is not great. Some schools are better than others. Purdue, for what it’s worth, at least can get a scorebug up on the screen which is not always the case at other schools (looking at you Rutgers!)
- Most (if not all) BTN+ games are student-run (Production, commentary, video, etc.) and the equipment is not the newest/latest/greatest.
- You can re-watch any game that was on BTN (and Fox networks) the next day. BTN+ games can be streamed on a delay as soon as it starts (if you’re late to start the stream, it will start from the beginning).
- Years past have seen special events such as Grand Prix, Spring Football game, baseball fall black and gold series. But this is hit and miss from year to year
Overall, I keep subscribing to our BTN overlords because of the ‘non-profit’ sports and the few Basketball games each year. Not saying it’s the best value but there is a bit more there if you’re into all sports.