- Joined: Dec 22, 2011
- Last Login: Sep 23, 2021, 5:56pm EDT
- Posts: 46
- Comments: 5,550
I'm married, older than you (probably) and sadly my die-hard love of sports remains. I keep thinking I'll grow out of it. A question, tip, or pitch? Email me at email@example.com.
Share this profile
Comment 3 replies, 1 rec
A couple things
Based on some things people have mentioned in this thread:
1. You will have five minutes to edit your comment instead of 90 seconds.
2. To post a tweet just paste the URL of the tweet and select the add tweet button
3. To post a YouTube video just paste the URL of the video and select the add video button
4. You can add a gif from anywhere by clicking the add image icon (plus sign) and paste the gif url into the box
5. You can add a photo from anywhere and it will be sized correctly by clicking the add image icon (plus sign) and paste the image URL into the box
Comment 3 replies, 4 recs
our comments section will be in the best shape of its life, don't worry
Comment 2 replies, 1 rec
Signatures will still be an option, but it will be connected to your profile page, and I believe you'll see them if you hover over a name in a comment thread
It's short. But yeah ...
Comment 3 replies, 5 recs
6. This might seem like a small thing, but the removal of signatures on the bottom is a godsend from an accessibility standpoint, and I like to focus on accessibility issues whenever possible. Vision impairment and using a screen reader should not prevent you from enjoying the Pistons or reading your favorite Pistons website.
Comment 4 replies, 6 recs
Why I'm excited
The fear of the unknown has set in a bit as DBB is about to transition into SB Nation’s new commenting/moderating platform. I know there is some concern or negativity based on the premise that if it aint broke don’t fix it or that there was bad experiences on other sites who have already transitioned. I choose to remain optimistic and excited and I’ll tell you why:
1. The things I like most and find the most intuitive in the old commenting platform are also a part of the new commenting platform. Specifically, I will be able to read the comments oldest to newest (my preference), and I’ll able to jump to the first unread comment with a Z key.
2. You can mute people. Now, I don’t think I’ll be using this feature, but as someone who reads just about every comment made on this platform, there are times I wished this feature existed in the past, and I’ll just leave it at that. Now it does!
3. Easier embedding of photos and GIFs and links. No more mistakes or troubleshooting!
4. The old back-end was unworkable. If you only saw the actual commenting system, I understand the idea that you might think this is change for the sake of change. But the back-end moderation system was held together on duct-tape, spit and prayer. The new system is much more functional and reliable and will improve the experience for every single person on this website.
5. The less resources used to try and triage all the issues with the old system now get to go to making the updated system quicker, more reliable and more feature-rich going forward.
Be excited with me! For one day at least.
Comment 1 reply, 11 recs
Comment 9 recs
It’s posted on DBB because enbiejowiec is one of the site’s writers, and he has the freedom to write his stories and make his case. I don’t have to agree with it, and there are many articles I don’t agree with. Just as other writers on the site don’t agree with everything I write.
I’d say that enbiejowiec is one of the most unfailingly positive writers about the Pistons on the staff, so while I might not agree with his assessment, if he’s going to explore something he doesn’t like/doesn’t think is working then that’s all the more reason for me to sit up straight and listen.
Comment 1 reply, 9 recs
It will continue to be private regardless of what you prefer.
Comment 1 reply, 8 recs
You are wrong. Several people are warned. And it is handled privately.
And I don’t feel like you or anyone else wants me to litigate their behavior in a public forum.
Comment 2 replies, 13 recs
We will be getting a new commenting system soon, and that includes an actual functional ability to moderate comments sitewide. Sorry to those who feel like people are asleep at the wheel, but as many are aware, I do not consider rudeness, a lack of tact, or, frankly, stupidity, to be against the rules at DBB.
People are allowed to have discussions on any number of topics provided they avoid personal attacks and follow the community guidelines. The general trollish tone of several commenters, is the hardest gray area to resolve, but it has brought such noise pollution to threads that it’s negatively impacting the community.
I’m done with it, and if you have an issue you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.